As a beginner gardener, it’s important to choose plants that are easy to grow and care for, while also providing a good yield. Here are some of the best foods to consider growing:
- Tomatoes: Tomatoes are a popular choice for beginner gardeners, as they are relatively easy to grow and can be planted in containers or in the ground.
- Lettuce: Lettuce is a quick-growing leafy green that can be planted in the early spring or fall.
- Peppers: Peppers are another easy-to-grow vegetable that come in a variety of colors and heat levels.
- Herbs: Herbs, such as basil, mint, and cilantro, are easy to grow and can be used fresh in a variety of dishes.
- Radishes: Radishes are a fast-growing root vegetable that are easy to grow and mature quickly, making them a great choice for beginner gardeners.
- Carrots: Carrots are a cool-season crop that are easy to grow and can be planted in the spring or fall.
- Zucchini: Zucchini is a warm-season vegetable that is easy to grow and produces an abundant harvest.
- Strawberries: Strawberries are a favorite of many gardeners and are easy to grow, either in containers or in the ground.
- Green Beans: Green beans are a warm-season vegetable that is easy to grow and produces a bountiful harvest.
It’s important to note that the specific varieties of these foods that you choose to grow may also impact how easy they are to care for and how successful your harvest will be, so be sure to choose varieties that are well-suited to your local climate and soil conditions. With a little bit of care and attention, these foods can provide a satisfying and delicious harvest for any beginner gardener.
In the near future, we will provide you with information about companion plants to grow to help naturally control pests so you will not have to use any types of chemicals and can keep your garden completely organic.
It should also be noted that all of those items mentioned above can be grown above ground in containers which helps if you have a small space or do not have the equipment or the back to brink up the solid and keep weeds under control. We made a list of some of our favorite types of made in USA garden containers to give you some ideas, but no matter what you choose, grow food for your family and the ones you love.