If you are looking for ways to cut out processed foods and added sugar from your family dinners, here is a great recipe for skillet mac and cheese that will make you want to toss out that box of Hamburger Helper.
1 pound of ground beef
2 cups elbow macaroni
1/2 to 1 cup of milk
8 ounce shredded cheese
1 tablespoon butter
- Brown the ground beef and season to taste with salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder. If you are using a fatty ground beef drain the liquid off once it is done cooking.
- Cook your pasta in a separate sauce pan until done.
- Add the cooked pasta to your skillet.
- Depending on how creamy you want your skillet hamburger mac to be add 1/2 – 1 cup of milk. Less is more so add 1/2 cup until you get it to the consistency you want.
- Turn off heat and add the cheese.
- Serve and enjoy.