Marina from Circle B Ranch is always looking for recipes that will showcase their delicious pork products. When she saw this Farfalle with Italian Sausage she knew she had to try it. The original recipe calls for Hot Italian Sausage but you can always substitute the Sweet Italian Sausage and add hot pepper flakes for a little heat if that is all you have on hand in your kitchen. The mozzarella cheese makes the dish extra delicious. Want homemade sauce for this recipe without all the work? Try a jar of Marina’s Tomato Sauce. It is the best jarred tomato sauce out there.
- 1-16 oz box of farfalle “bowtie” pasta
- 1 lb of Circle B Ranch Sweet of Hot Italian Sausage (Crumbled)
- 12 oz mozzarella cheese (small chop)
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3-4 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1-24 oz jar of Marina’s tomato sauce
- 1 bunch of fresh basil
- Pecorino Romano Cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- Remove sausage from casing and add to large skillet.
- Crumble and cook over medium heat until done. If you are using Circle B Ranch sausage you probably will not need to drain the grease from the sausage.
- Take the sausage out of the pan an leave 2 tablespoons of grease in the pan.
- Add the chopped onions and garlic to the pan and saute until done.
- Add a jar of Marina’s Tomato Sauce to the pan, add basil, salt and pepper to the mixture.
- Cook for about 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Add Italian sausage to skillet and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer on low for approximately 30 minutes stirring occasionally.
- In a large pot fill with water and bring to a boil. Cook Farfalle according to package directions.
- Drain pasta and put back into pot.
- Add sausage mixture to pan with pasta and add mozzarella cheese and mix well until melted.
- Serve with Pecorino Romano Cheese, bread and a delicious salad. Enjoy!